Pecatonica Community Garden
The Pecatonica Community Garden Association is a group of local gardening enthusiasts dedicated to growing knowledge of organic gardening to provide fresh produce to our families and community members.
The purpose of the Pecatonica Community Garden is to create a place to enhance community bonds by providing space for gardens and gardening education in a setting for residents to share.
While not affiliated with the Park District, it is our mutual goal to lead by example and to establish a legacy of environmental stewardship for the gardens and parks within the Sumner Park District.
Community Garden Mission:
* Provide families and individuals without garden space the opportunity to grow their own food.
* Increase the consumption of fresh local produce.
*Create a culture of sustainable organic agriculture practices
*Use gardening practices that protect the soil and local environment
* Increase a sense of community ownership.
* Provide a healthy and inexpensive activity for residents of all ages to be outside and to interact in socially meaningful and physically productive ways.
* Add beauty to the community to heighten awareness and appreciation for the local environment.
Click on this Facebook icon
to visit their Facebook page