About Sumner Park District
The Sumner Park District of Pecatonica includes Sumner Park located at 300 W.
First Street and Blassingham Park located at the corner of E. Seventh and Jackson
Streets. Both locations are dedicated to providing safe recreation and beautiful natural
resources to the Village of Pecatonica and all who visit.
Our Parks and Facilities Include:
· Shelter House and Pavilion Rentals for Groups and Private Events
· Children's Playground Areas
· Basketball, Tennis and Pickleball Courts
· Quality Baseball Fields and Batting Cages
· Parking and Access to Pecatonica Prairie Recreational/Bike Path
· Picnic Areas with Public Bathrooms
· Pecatonica River Access for Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking and Fishing
· Summer Kid's Programs
· Horseshoe Pits
· Nature Preserves
Current Vacancy: 2 Board Commissioners
Pursuant to Sections 2-25 of the Park District Code, 70 ILCS 1205/2-25, and 70 ILCS 1205/2-10, Board Members will be appointed at future Sumner Park District Board meetings.
If you are interested in being considered for appointment, please submit a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 660 Pecatonica, IL 61063 by May 7th. Applications will be reviewed at the May Board Meeting.