Under guidelines from the State, all outdoor activities are allowed. This includes use of the playground equipment, basketball courts, and baseball diamonds. Social Distancing is required. If you are closer than 6 ft, masks are required except if you are in the same household. No more than 25 people can be at the park at one time.
Please wash hands and practice good hygiene.
For more information, please see the resource website from the IAPD.
About Sumner Park District
The Sumner Park District of Pecatonica includes Sumner Park located at 300 W.
First Street and Blassingham Park located at the corner of E. Seventh and Jackson
Streets. Both locations are dedicated to providing safe recreation and beautiful natural
resources to the Village of Pecatonica and all who visit.
Our Parks and Facilities Include:
· Shelter House and Pavilion Rentals for Groups and Private Events
· Children's Playground Areas
· Basketball, Tennis and Pickleball Courts
· Quality Baseball Fields and Batting Cages
· Parking and Access to Pecatonica Prairie Recreational/Bike Path
· Picnic Areas with Public Bathrooms
· Pecatonica River Access for Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking and Fishing
· Summer Kid's Programs
· Horseshoe Pits
· Nature Preserves